Looking for a fun way to spend a Saturday night? How about enjoying a picnic and movie under the stars in Silicon Beach sound? On Saturday nights throughout the summer, the Los Angeles County Department of Beaches & Harbors hosts a “Movie Night” in Marina del Rey's Burton Chace Park!
Admission is free and the movies start each week at 8:00p.m., but the lawn fills up fast so we recommend you arrive closer to 7:00p.m. if you want a good spot! Bring a snack, a blanket and some beach chairs and settle in to watch movies that the entire family will enjoy.
After you find the perfect movie viewing spot, go enjoy the water view or stroll the perimeter walking path.
- August 10: Black Panther (PG-13)
- September 7: Wizard of Oz (PG)
- September 14: Mean Girls (PG-13)
- September 21: Solo: Star Wars (PG-13)
- September 28: Beetlejuice (PG)
Seating is festival style on the park lawn and available on a first-come, first-served basis. Bring your own blanket or a low-back beach chair. No tents or umbrellas. There is no reserved seating for the public allowed.
Food and Snacks:
BYOF: Bring your own food! Whether it's a full picnic or just some popcorn, bringing your own food is encouraged. There are also food trucks on the property that you can enjoy!
Low-back beach chairs
Standard size picnic blanket
Dogs – As long as they are leashed
- Smoking, including e-cigs/vapes
- Medical or recreational use marijuana
- Illegal substances (including narcotics) or drug paraphernalia
- Weapons of any kind
- Fireworks, sparklers, or incendiary devices
- Tents, canopies, umbrellas of any kind
- Video recording equipment
- Professional still camera equipment (no detachable lenses, tripods, large zoom lenses, and/or commercial-use camera assemblies)
- Audio recording equipment
- Focused-light devices, including laser pointers
- Items intended for sale/promotion
- Any item that can be used as a means to disturb the peace, endanger the safety of the crowd, and/or inflict damage to people and goods