This September, get behind the wheel of some of your favorite cars at the Electric Car Festival in Los Angeles.
The event, #ChargeUpLA, takes place on September 14 from 10:00am to 3:00pm and allows consumers to test drive an abundance of electric vehicles.
Why should you consider an electric vehicles?
The Latest Models virtually eliminate range anxiety
- It was once a big deal for an EV to break the 100-mile barrier on a charge, but in 2019 there are 8 EV models that are able to run for more than 200 miles on a full battery. The Teslas lead the pack with its Models 3, S, and X topping out at near or above 300 miles per charging session. If you are looking for a more affordable option, the Hyundai Kona Electric and Kia Niro Electric offer capacities of 258 and 239 miles, respectively, while the Chevrolet Bolt EV is at 238 miles and the coming Nissan Leaf Plus is estimated to run for 226 miles on a full charge.
Electricity is still cheaper than Gasoline
- Even with relatively affordable gas prices, it’s still cheaper to keep an electric car running. For example, the Environmental Protection Agency says the Hyundai Ioniq Electric, which is rated at the electric equivalent of 136 mpg in combined city/highway driving, will cost an owner $500 a year to run for 15,000 miles, based on average power rates.
You Get Paid to Own Them
- The government gives owners of EVs a rebate as a reward for choosing a car with less emissions. You’ll essentially get paid to drive your car!
What to expect at the event!
- Get behind the wheel of a range of electric vehicles (EVs) and Plug in Hybrids (PHEVs) and experience the excitement of driving “green."
- Talk to current EV owners about what the EV lifestyle is all about.
- Learn about LADWP's "Charge Up LA" rebate program for used EV purchases and home chargers.
- Find out more about federal and state EV rebates and incentives.
- Enjoy a day with the family and experience the event’s food trucks, vendors, a variety of displays, games, raffle prizes, and fun!
- Test drive a car and get a coupon for free food from the food trucks — available for the first 500 test drivers.
- FREE parking for the public at Dodger Stadium parking lot #13!
Cars available to test drive at #ChargeUpLA:
(List is subject to change):
- Audi e-tron
- BMW 530e
- BMW i3
- Chrysler Pacifica
- MINI Cooper S E Countryman
- Nissan LEAF
- Toyota Prius Prime