Every Sunday in August “Jazz on the Lawn” is hosted at Gandara Park in Santa Monica! Enjoy a night of friends, family and dancing for free at the park! This season marks the 14th summer the event has been hosted. The iconic concert series features jazz musicians, pre-concert activities and delectable food trucks.
This upcoming weekend is the very last concert of the season and features “Classic Rock All Jazzed Up” with the band NUTTY.
From 4:00 - 7:00pm enjoy pre-concert games and actives for the entire family. Then at 5:00, head back to the stage and enjoy a night of rock jazz and dancing. NUTTY will perform an array of rock/jazz classics, re-interpreted and re-imagined in a way that only NUTTY can.
- Dogtown Dogs: Offering a “sophisticated variation of traditional favorites with an innovative spin,” Dogtown Dogs serves, you guess it: hot dogs. These aren’t your traditional ballpark franks. Hot dogs at Downtown Dog include The Morning Commute (Dog wrapped in crispy, hardwood smoked bacon and topped with a fried egg), California Dog (all beef dog with avocado, arugula, basil aioli, tomatoes, fried onions and a lite vinaigrette), and even Trailer Trash (all beef dog topped with beef chili, nacho cheese and Frito’s corn chips.)
- Tacos Gallo Loco: There are few things more iconic in LA than street tacos, and Tacos Gallo Loco is one of the best. Offering burritos, nachos and of course tacos, you really can’t go wrong when ordering from this truck.
- Merci Clément: Once you enjoy your hot dogs and tacos, head on over to Merci Clément for dessert. Merci Clément features everything from gelato to chocolate Belgian waffles to praline sticks.
- Location: “Jazz on the Lawn” takes place as Gandara Park (1819 Stewart St, Santa Monica, CA.
- Parking: Free parking is available after 3:30pm in the Kite Pharma lot located at 1800 Stewart St. Please be courteous of the residents and do not park in the neighborhood.
- Accessibility: A limited number of parking spots will be reserved for accessible parking in the Gandara Park lot and will be on a first come, first served basis. The park and restrooms are wheelchair accessible.